Monday 7 January 2008

'The Daily Show' and 'The Colbert Report' Return Tonight!

After a break that seems to have lasted forever my two favourite late-night hosts return, though whether it's a well conceived return remains to be seen. Both shows, 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart' and 'The Colbert Report' will return tonight without any writers due to the ongoing Writer's Guild of America strike. I'm not sure what the shows are going to be like, both are heavily reliant on writers, but Stewart and Colbert are both talented people so I hope they'll be able to tease out some of the absurd nuances of the events of the past three months without writers. I read that they're pursuing an interim agreement with the WGA to have their writers return, in the same way that David Letterman now has his writers back to work, but we'll have to wait and see if it's successful.

I hope this strike ends soon. AMPTP, pay the writers what they're due!!

No comments: